It’s not really about the money, it’s about speaking up on behalf of individuals with I/DD – and achieving more together than we can alone. The Arc Volusia is a local affiliate chapter of The Arc of Florida and The Arc of the United States. TOGETHER, we are the worlds largest community based organization of and for people with I/DD — with 140,000 members and 700 State and local chapters across the nation! This gives us a powerful voice to impact policies and legislation that serve our friends with I/DD.
- Make an IMPACT by adding your voice to the voices of 140,000 other advocates for people with disabilities!
- Stay up-to-date regarding direction, decisions, and initiatives at The Arc Volusia.
- Receive invitations to occasional members only gatherings designed to inspire and inform.
- Participate in Membership Meetings, including the right to vote on issues impacting our local chapter of The Arc.
- Eligibility for a Board of Directors role (Requires nomination by The Board & CEO)
- Receive timely information regarding local, state, and national issues impacting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Gain access to resources through The Arc Volusia, The Arc Florida, & The Arc of the United States:
- Research & Fact Sheets
- National Center on Criminal Justice & Disability
- The Arc Florida Dental Program
- Gain access to special services and programs (Subject to change):
- Mercer Consumer – offering quality protection plans from health coverage to affordable life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Liberty Mutual – providing a group insurance program that comes with special savings and benefits on auto, home and renters insurance.
- Community: join an active online community
Our website is currently under construction. For further information regarding membership please contact Shawn Abbatessa, Vice Executive Director at email@example.com or call 386-274-4736.